The 25th anniversary of the fall of the Berlin Wall was marked by the release of 8,000 helium balloons over the German capital.
The Berlin Wall was constructed in 1961 to prevent people fleeing the Soviet-controlled East into the more free and affluent West.
Its fall in 1989 was a symbolic start to the process that would eventually end the Cold War.
- Workers Are Furious. Their Unions Are Scrambling to Catch Up
- What the Facebook Whistleblower Did to the Company's Stock in 6 Weeks
- Photos from Migrants' Desperate Journeys to the U.S. Border
- Emily Ratajkowski: How I Learned to Let Go
- Afghanistan's Female Students Were Banned from Studying. Now Some Are Finding New Ways to Learn
- The 'Safe Supply' Movement Aims to Curb Drug Deaths Linked to the Opioid Crisis
- The 19 Most Underrated Movies on Netflix
- By Ending Legacy Admissions, Amherst Hopes to Change the Makeup of Its Student Body