You haven’t seen the last of Jason Bourne.
Matt Damon on Friday confirmed reports that surfaced in September saying he will be reunite with director Paul Greengrass for another installment in the action franchise. They will start filming in 2015.
“Yes, next year,” Damon told E! News. “It’ll be in 2016 when the movie will actually come out. Paul Greengrass is going to do another one and that’s all I ever said. I just needed him to say yes.”
Greengrass directed the second and third films in the series, The Bourne Supremacy and The Bourne Ultimatum, respectively, but said he “didn’t have another one” in him. Tony Gilroy took over for The Bourne Legacy, which Damon did not appear in and starred Jeremy Renner instead.
“I’ve always been open to it if Paul Greengrass is the director,” Damon told CNBC earlier this year. “We’ve just never been able to come up with a story.”
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- Why We Can't Get Over the Roman Empire
- The Final Season of Netflix’s Sex Education Sends Off a Beloved Cast in Style
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- The Case for Mediocrity
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time