You haven’t seen the last of Jason Bourne.
Matt Damon on Friday confirmed reports that surfaced in September saying he will be reunite with director Paul Greengrass for another installment in the action franchise. They will start filming in 2015.
“Yes, next year,” Damon told E! News. “It’ll be in 2016 when the movie will actually come out. Paul Greengrass is going to do another one and that’s all I ever said. I just needed him to say yes.”
Greengrass directed the second and third films in the series, The Bourne Supremacy and The Bourne Ultimatum, respectively, but said he “didn’t have another one” in him. Tony Gilroy took over for The Bourne Legacy, which Damon did not appear in and starred Jeremy Renner instead.
“I’ve always been open to it if Paul Greengrass is the director,” Damon told CNBC earlier this year. “We’ve just never been able to come up with a story.”
- Exclusive: The Making of the U.S. Military's New Stealth Bomber
- Your Next House Could Be Made on an Assembly Line
- The Legal Implications of the Debate Over Whether 'Extreme Racism' Is a Mental Illness
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022