Jordan Catalano grew up to have a sick sense of humor.
Jared Leto is in talks to play the Joker in Warner Bros.’ upcoming DC Comics movie Suicide Squad, according to The Hollywood Reporter and the Wrap. Representatives for Leto and Warner Bros. did not comment to either outlet.
The film is set for an Aug. 5 2016 release date and follows a group of comic villains who get a chance at redemption in exchange for taking part in special government black-ops missions so dangerous they’re considered death wishes.
Jesse Eisenberg, who will play the villainous Lex Luthor in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice in the spring of that year, is expected to reprise the role for Suicide Squad. Other actors who are reportedly in talks for roles include Will Smith, Tom Hardy and Margot Robbie.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time