Molly Shattuck, 47, pleaded not guilty to nine counts including rape, unlawful sexual contact and providing alcohol to minors, WBAL in Baltimore reports. She was released after posting $84,000 bail. She allegedly had sexual relations with the boy over Labor Day weekend in a vacation rental home in Bethany Beach, Del.
Shattuck was 38 when she joined the Baltimore Ravens cheerleading squad in 2005, making her the oldest cheerleader in the NFL.
“This is a difficult situation for everyone involved,” Shattuck’s lawyer said.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve