First Lady Michelle Obama has enlisted the help of the plotting Madagascar penguins to spread a positive message about our nation’s veterans, just in time for Veterans Day Nov 11. In a six-minute video, the penguins take a light-hearted approach to a heavy topic: the misconceptions many Americans hold about veterans returning from duty.
As a part of the GotYour6 campaign, an initiative focused on empowering veterans and shifting public perceptions of veterans through media, the penguins are joining a number of actors and organizations in sharing stories about the positive impact veterans have on their communities when they come home.
- Employers Take Note: Young Workers Are Seeking Jobs with a Higher Purpose
- Signs Are Pointing to a Slowdown in the Housing Market—At Last
- Welcome to the Era of Unapologetic Bad Taste
- As the Virus Evolves, COVID-19 Reinfections Are Going to Keep Happening
- A New York Mosque Becomes a Refuge for Afghan Teens Who Fled Without Their Families
- High Gas Prices are Oil Companies' Fault says Ro Khanna, and Democrats Should Go After Them
- Two Million Cases: COVID-19 May Finally Force North Korea to Open Up