Spoilers ahead. Sort of.
Just two weeks before the hotly anticipated Mockingjay: Part 1 hits theaters, Hunger Games fans got a sneak peek at life in District 13. In this clip, Jennifer Lawrence’s Katniss is stunned to find out that Peeta, her confidant throughout the deadly competition, is alive following the disastrous end to Catching Fire‘s Quarter Quell games where former champions were forced to face each other to the death–until Katniss shut the entire thing down, leaving Peeta behind and presumably dead.
In this clip, Katniss, who’s not-so-willingly working as the symbol of the independence movement from the Capitol, gets a chilling wake-up call from Stanley Tucci’s Caesar Flickerman, the Ryan Seacrest of Panem, who is interviewing Katniss’ on-again-off-again love interest. “What really happened on that final and controversial night?” he asks
Readers know, of course, that Peeta might not be in his right mind.
The film hits theaters November 21.
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time