Netflix will produce a new series based on the books A Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket (author Daniel Handler’s pseudonym).
The darkly funny series follows Violet, Klaus, and Sunny Baudelaire after their parents die in a fire. And as the title implies, the trio consistently has bad luck going forward. Paramount Television will produce the series with Netflix, the Hollywood Reporter says.
“I can’t believe it,” Snicket told THR, adding some characteristically dry humor: “After years of providing top-quality entertainment on demand, Netflix is risking its reputation and its success by associating itself with my dismaying and upsetting books.”
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2022
- I Tested Positive for COVID-19 Right Before the Holidays. What Should I Do?
- Column: How To Create a Sense of Belonging In a Divided America
- How to Survive the Holidays if You're a Scrooge
- Life Expectancy Provides Evidence of How Far Black Americans Have Come
- The 10 Best Albums of 2022
- Iran Has a Long History of Protest and Activism
- 6 Ways to Give Better Gifts—Based on Science