Benedict Cumberbatch is officially off the market now that he has announced his engagement to actor and director Sophie Hunter. Understandably, all the sad Cumberbabes out there, convinced they had a shot with him, are incredibly grief-stricken. In fact, many of them are now experiencing the five stages of grief: denial, anger, bargaining, depression and, yes, even acceptance.
Naturally, it’s all playing out on Twitter.
And then there’s this person, who basically experienced all the stages in one tweet, culminating with acceptance in the form of a begrudging congratulations:
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Inside the White House Program to Share America's Secrets
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The 13 Best New Books to Read in March
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at email@example.com