Benedict Cumberbatch is officially off the market now that he has announced his engagement to actor and director Sophie Hunter. Understandably, all the sad Cumberbabes out there, convinced they had a shot with him, are incredibly grief-stricken. In fact, many of them are now experiencing the five stages of grief: denial, anger, bargaining, depression and, yes, even acceptance.
Naturally, it’s all playing out on Twitter.
And then there’s this person, who basically experienced all the stages in one tweet, culminating with acceptance in the form of a begrudging congratulations:
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- What Reading 220 History Textbooks Taught One Scholar About Racism in America
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out
- How DeSantis Handles Hurricane Ian Will Shape His Political Future
- 6 Groups Making Mental Health Care More Accessible to People of Color