Benedict Cumberbatch is officially off the market now that he has announced his engagement to actor and director Sophie Hunter. Understandably, all the sad Cumberbabes out there, convinced they had a shot with him, are incredibly grief-stricken. In fact, many of them are now experiencing the five stages of grief: denial, anger, bargaining, depression and, yes, even acceptance.
Naturally, it’s all playing out on Twitter.
And then there’s this person, who basically experienced all the stages in one tweet, culminating with acceptance in the form of a begrudging congratulations:
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Donald Trump Was Just Indicted. Here's What to Know About the Charges and the Case
- What Could Happen Next for Donald Trump
- Trump's Indictment Drama Showcased His Rivals' Weakness
- Inside Ukraine's Push to Try Putin For War Crimes
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- Elon Musk Signs Open Letter Urging AI Labs to Pump the Brakes
- Eliezer Yudkowsky: Pausing AI Developments Isn't Enough. We Need to Shut it All Down
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Cheryl Strayed Will Always Be Here for You
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now