It’s Ghostbusters’ 30th anniversary this year, and the fans are showing their colors. One of those fans is the magazine Entertainment Weekly, which is featuring the surviving stars of the movie on the cover of its current issue.
Another of those fans is Al Roker, the weather anchor on NBC’s Today, who has a major obsession with the 1984 flick and got to interview Bill Murray, Sigourney Weaver, Ernie Hudson, Ivan Reitman and Annie Potts during the EW shoot. Dan Aykroyd is also featured on EW’s cover alongside Murray, Hudson and Weaver, but wasn’t present at the interview.The fourth Ghosbuster, Harold Ramis, died in February.
Midway through the interview, Roker asks if the group thought they would be celebrating the 30th anniversary of the film. No one raises their hand except Bill Murray. Murray, insouciant and cool as always, intones “Well, I knew it was going to be a huge movie.”
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time