Taylor Swift has sold more albums in one week than anyone else in the last 12 years.
Billboard reports that the immensely popular artist’s new album 1989 sold 1.287 million copies in its first seven days of release, according to data from Nielsen Soundscan. To top that, you would have to go back to 2002, when rapper Eminem sold 1.322 million copies in one week of The Eminem Show.
1989 is Swift’s third album — after Red and Speak Now — to sell more than a million copies in a week, making her the only artist to achieve the feat. It is also her fourth to debut at no. 1 on the Billboard 200 albums chart.
Looks like she’s doing just fine without Spotify.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time