Taylor Swift has sold more albums in one week than anyone else in the last 12 years.
Billboard reports that the immensely popular artist’s new album 1989 sold 1.287 million copies in its first seven days of release, according to data from Nielsen Soundscan. To top that, you would have to go back to 2002, when rapper Eminem sold 1.322 million copies in one week of The Eminem Show.
1989 is Swift’s third album — after Red and Speak Now — to sell more than a million copies in a week, making her the only artist to achieve the feat. It is also her fourth to debut at no. 1 on the Billboard 200 albums chart.
Looks like she’s doing just fine without Spotify.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization