Taylor Swift has sold more albums in one week than anyone else in the last 12 years.
Billboard reports that the immensely popular artist’s new album 1989 sold 1.287 million copies in its first seven days of release, according to data from Nielsen Soundscan. To top that, you would have to go back to 2002, when rapper Eminem sold 1.322 million copies in one week of The Eminem Show.
1989 is Swift’s third album — after Red and Speak Now — to sell more than a million copies in a week, making her the only artist to achieve the feat. It is also her fourth to debut at no. 1 on the Billboard 200 albums chart.
Looks like she’s doing just fine without Spotify.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2022
- I Tested Positive for COVID-19 Right Before the Holidays. What Should I Do?
- Column: How To Create a Sense of Belonging In a Divided America
- How to Survive the Holidays if You're a Scrooge
- Life Expectancy Provides Evidence of How Far Black Americans Have Come
- The 10 Best Albums of 2022
- Iran Has a Long History of Protest and Activism
- 6 Ways to Give Better Gifts—Based on Science