The body of a 6-year-old boy was found in Oregon’s Yaquina Bay after his mother called cops to say she’d thrown her son off a bridge, officials said early Tuesday. Police said that Jillian Meredith McCabe, 34, of Seal Rock, Oregon, had been arrested for the murder of her son London.
An Oregon woman by the same name penned an appeal for funding to help take care of her autistic son London and multiple sclerosis-stricken husband Matt. A mugshot released by police matched social-media posts showing the wife of a Matt McCabe and their son.
Authorities mounted an extensive search, with…
- Essay: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Stealth Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- Natasha Lyonne on Poker Face and Creating Characters Who Subvert Leading-Lady Tropes
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- Why Grocery Staples Are So Expensive Right Now
- Quantum Computers Could Solve Countless Problems—and Create a Lot of New Ones
- Where to Watch All of the 2023 Oscar Nominees
- How to Be Mindful if You Hate Meditating