Until now, it was only a strong rumor that Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare would include the zombie-killing mode that’s become a popular sideshow in the series since first appearing in Call of Duty: World at War. However, Activision is now confirming a Zombie Mode is in the works for the new title, to be available at some later date as paid downloadable content.
Activision confirmed Advanced Warfare’s Zombie Mode after this email from GameStop was sent to people receiving updates on the game. However, the email was inaccurate in that Zombie Mode isn’t available for Monday’s Advanced Warfare launch and it won’t require players to get the $49.99 Season Pass to play Zombie Mode.
“This just in, Zombies are back as part of the Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare season pass! Stop by any GameStop to pick up one of the most anticipated games to launch this year, along with 4-multiplayer map packs, Atlas Gorge, and yes – ZOBMIES,” read GameStop’s email. “All this is available for purchase today GameStop as part of the Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare season pass for only $49.99.”
Previously leaked trailers for Advanced Warfare seemed to reveal the game’s zombies will be more 28 Days Later and less Dawn of the Dead in that they’re faster and they can jump, though little else is known at this point.
- Zero-COVID Protests in China Have Rattled Global Markets
- Column: Diversity Initiatives Are Failing the U.S. Muslim Community
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022