Samsung Galaxy Note Edge, the world’s only smartphone with a “functional” curved touchscreen, will launch in the United States on November 14, the Korean electronics maker announced Monday.
The Galaxy Note Edge, which features a sort of “second screen” that wraps around the phone’s righthand edge, made waves at floor shows this fall for its unusual design, extending the Galaxy’s already ample screen size to 5.6 inches and squeezing a few handy menu items along the screen’s outer edge. Initial reviews praised the screen’s design more enthusiastically than the functional improvement.
The phone will go on sale through most major carriers including AT&T, Verizon, Sprint and T-Mobile at a starting price that varies depending on the cell phone contract and the carrier. AT&T will offer it at a starting price of $400 with a 2-year contract.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve