The helmet that Auburn kick returner Chris Davis wore during last year’s Iron Bowl sold on Sunday for more than $47,000.
The headgear, which was signed by Davis and earned $47,190 as part of an auction, went to an Auburn alum, ESPN reports.
Davis had returned a missed 57-yard field goal by the rival Alabama Crimson Tide for 109 yards, winning the game and sending the Tigers on to the championship.
- How the Anti-Vax Movement Is Taking Over the Right
- What Happens Next in Ukraine Could Change Europe Forever
- There's So Much More To Say About Bill Cosby
- Death Doulas Used to Be Rare. The COVID-19 Pandemic Changed That
- What It Feels Like to Be a Muslim Woman Auctioned Online by India's Right Wing
- America's First Openly Trans City Council President Wants to Heal Minneapolis
- The World's Farmers Need to Prepare for Serious Cash Crop Disruption