Following its six different Halloween-themed doodles, Google honored the Mexican holiday Día de Muertos (Day of the Dead) on its homepage Sunday.
The roughly 30-second animation features traditional music as well as images of colorful sugar skulls and pan de muerto, the sugary bread often baked around the time of the multi-day celebration, which Mexicans have celebrated in some way for approximately 3,000 years.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- U.S. Doctors Can't Be Silent About Gaza: Column
- The Movie Wives Would Like a Word
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time