Following its six different Halloween-themed doodles, Google honored the Mexican holiday Día de Muertos (Day of the Dead) on its homepage Sunday.
The roughly 30-second animation features traditional music as well as images of colorful sugar skulls and pan de muerto, the sugary bread often baked around the time of the multi-day celebration, which Mexicans have celebrated in some way for approximately 3,000 years.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Nicole Chung: The Person I Became After My Father's Death
- Can Birth Control Help Solve the World's Rat Problem?
- About That Devastating Tom-Shiv Scene in Succession's Premiere
- Why Humza Yousaf's Win Is 'Historic' for Scotland
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement