Following its six different Halloween-themed doodles, Google honored the Mexican holiday Día de Muertos (Day of the Dead) on its homepage Sunday.
The roughly 30-second animation features traditional music as well as images of colorful sugar skulls and pan de muerto, the sugary bread often baked around the time of the multi-day celebration, which Mexicans have celebrated in some way for approximately 3,000 years.
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- Employers Take Note: Young Workers Are Seeking Jobs with a Higher Purpose
- Signs Are Pointing to a Slowdown in the Housing Market—At Last
- Welcome to the Era of Unapologetic Bad Taste
- As the Virus Evolves, COVID-19 Reinfections Are Going to Keep Happening
- A New York Mosque Becomes a Refuge for Afghan Teens Who Fled Without Their Families
- High Gas Prices are Oil Companies' Fault says Ro Khanna, and Democrats Should Go After Them
- Two Million Cases: COVID-19 May Finally Force North Korea to Open Up