The CNN/ORC International polls of the campaigns in Iowa and North Carolina, released late Friday, found both races to be within the margin of error. In Iowa, Republican Joni Ernst holds a narrow, two-point lead over Democratic Rep. Bruce Braley for the open seat. In North Carolina, incumbent Democratic Sen. Kay Hagan is clinging to a two-point lead over Republican state House Speaker Thom Tillis.
Republicans need a net pick-up of six Senate seats to recapture the majority. Political forecasters see that as increasingly likely, but the campaign remains very close ahead of Election Day on Tuesday.
Both polls had a margin of error of plus or minus four percentage points.
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time