Winter storm warnings, watches and winter weather advisories were posted for parts of the Appalachians and northern New England on Saturday as an arctic air mass brought the first snow of the season to some areas, The Weather Channel reported.
Up to 2.5 inches of snow coated grassy areas near Greenville, South Carolina, as well as Boone, North Carolina, early Saturday and two inches were reported in Asheville, North Carolina.
Jon Erdman, a senior meteorologist with The Weather Channel, said that accumulations were likely this weekend in the Appalachians from West Virginia to east Tennessee, western North Carolina, Upstate South Carolina and northern New England…
- What We Know So Far About the Deadly Earthquakes in Turkey and Syria
- Beyoncé's Album of the Year Snub Fits Into the Grammys' Long History of Overlooking Black Women
- How the U.S. Shot Down the Alleged Chinese Spy Balloon
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart