Winter storm warnings, watches and winter weather advisories were posted for parts of the Appalachians and northern New England on Saturday as an arctic air mass brought the first snow of the season to some areas, The Weather Channel reported.
Up to 2.5 inches of snow coated grassy areas near Greenville, South Carolina, as well as Boone, North Carolina, early Saturday and two inches were reported in Asheville, North Carolina.
Jon Erdman, a senior meteorologist with The Weather Channel, said that accumulations were likely this weekend in the Appalachians from West Virginia to east Tennessee, western North Carolina, Upstate South Carolina and northern New England…
Read more from our partners at NBC News
More Must-Reads From TIME
- AI Is Not an Arms Race
- Here's What's in the Debt Ceiling Deal
- Matthew Macfadyen on Succession Series Finale
- How Worried Should the World Be of China's New COVID Wave?
- What Erdoğan’s Victory Means for Turkey—and the World
- Why Everyone Is Having Bad Sex (Especially Young People)
- The 30 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2023
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction