Apparently people are much more excited about Hillary as the first female president than they are about her experience in government.
According to a new Gallup poll, 18% of surveyed Americans think the best thing about a Hillary presidency would be that she would be the first woman president in history– followed by 9% who think her experience in the White House, Senate, and the State Department might make her an excellent Commander-in-Chief. 5% say she’s the best choice, but only 1% say they like her and want her to win.
The “first woman president” thing was especially powerful with Hillary’s base: 22% of women, 30% of Democrats, and 27% of 18-29 year olds cited the historic event as a positive aspect of Clinton’s presidency.
When asked what would be the worst thing about a Clinton presidency, 6% said she’s not qualified enough, while 4% say they don’t want a president with boobs.
Pollsters surveyed over 1,000 adults in all 50 states, with a margin of error at +/- 4 points and 95% confidence level.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- U.S. Doctors Can't Be Silent About Gaza: Column
- The Movie Wives Would Like a Word
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time