Samsung has recently been suffering from lackluster performance, with its profits declining almost 60 percent to $3.9 billion in the most recent quarter compared with a year ago. On Friday, Samsung announced an answer to its declining earnings: the Galaxy A3 and Galaxy A5, shiny new devices that might help lift the company out of the doldrums.
Here are 3 things to know about the new Samsung phones.
They’re Samsung’s slimmest smartphones ever
The Galaxy A3 and Galaxy A5 are 6.7mm and 6.9mm thin respectively. By comparison, the iPhone 6—Apple’s thinnest smartphone—is 6.9mm, and the iPhone 6 Plus is 7.1mm.
The Galaxy A5 is the more powerful model
With a five-inch screen and 2GB RAM, plus a 15-megapixel camera, the Galaxy A5 has a lot of juice. The newest iPhone models both have 8-megapixel cameras.
The two new Galaxy models feature 5-megapixel front cameras for super-sharp selfies, along with a slew of selfie features that Samsung calls Wide Selfie, Palm Selfie, Animated GIF, Beauty Face Features, and Rear-cam Selfie. Samsung says the new phones automatically detect and focus on a person’s face.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization