Chelsea Handler is not happy that Instagram removed a topless photo she posted of herself.
The image features Handler riding horseback without a shirt spliced next to a famous photo of Russian President Vladimir Putin doing the same thing. Handler captioned the picture: “Anything a man can do, a woman has the right to do better #kremlin.” When Instagram took the image down, she put it back up and called the policy sexist (Instagram removed it again).
“Taking this down is sexist,” the comedian wrote in re-posting the image on her Twitter feed. “I have every right to show I have a better body than Putin.”
Handler also posted Instagram’s notice to her that it had removed the picture.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- U.S. Doctors Can't Be Silent About Gaza: Column
- The Movie Wives Would Like a Word
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time