If you’re too lazy, busy, or afraid of wetting your pants to visit an actual haunted house this Halloween, YouTube has got you covered. YouTube Nation produced a Halloween-themed choose-your-own-adventure experience, making use of a set designed by director and horror aficionado Guillermo del Toro for maximum spookiness.
The adventure features several YouTube celebrities, including Tay Zonday (best known for “Chocolate Rain”) and web series host Steve Zaragoza. After “entering” the haunted house — from the comfort of your chair — and meeting the cast of characters, you’re periodically presented with options, which usually consist of bailing, partying or exploring the mansion’s creepy nooks and crannies. Depending on your choices, you may not make it out — virtually speaking — alive.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Inside the White House Program to Share America's Secrets
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The 13 Best New Books to Read in March
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Eliza Berman at firstname.lastname@example.org