Robel Phillipos, a friend of alleged Boston Marathon bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, for making false statements to federal investigators about evidence pertaining to the crime. Sentencing is set for January.
Reyhaneh Jabbari, an Iranian woman, as punishment for murder, purportedly in self-defense against a man she said tried to rape her. The U.N. and Amnesty International had asked Iran to halt the execution.
Oscar Taveras, 22, an outfielder for the St. Louis Cardinals, after losing control of his car. His girlfriend Edilia Arvelo was also killed.
Galway Kinnell, 87, a poet who won the Pulitzer Prize for his Selected Poems. His first breakout poem was a 14-part ode to Avenue C in Manhattan.
Marine Lance Corporal Sean P. Neal, 19, the first U.S. service member to die fighting ISIS in Iraq. The circumstances of his death are being investigated.
The unmanned Antares rocket, six seconds after launch in eastern Virginia. It had been contracted by NASA to deliver supplies to the crew of the International Space Station.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org