Action figures may be off the table for your favorite Breaking Bad fan this holiday season, but thankfully, something even better is hitting the market: a Breaking Bad cookbook, titled — what else? — Baking Bad. (This project is so ripe for puns, it’s a wonder it’s taken this long for someone to cash in.) For starters, there’s the mysterious bestselling author’s pen name, Walter Wheat. Then there are the recipes within, from Ricin Crispie Treats to Fring Pops.
The publisher promises that the recipes are “98% pure but 100% edible,” no Hazmat gear required — a regular old apron should do the trick. Some of the concoctions, like Mr. White’s Tighty Whitey Bite gingerbread cookies, sound appealing. Others, like the Tortuga Tart — which features a slab of ham perched atop a turtle-shaped pastry — appear better suited for presentation than for gastronomic pleasure.
The book goes on sale on Nov. 6, but until then, you can get cooking with a handful of recipes on BuzzFeed UK. It’s probably prudent not to send your kid to school with Meth Crunchie cupcakes, but you can certainly enjoy them at home — with the promise of nothing more than a sugar high.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow