Russian hackers are suspected of breaching White House computers over the past few weeks, temporarily disrupting services.
The Washington Post reported Wednesday that the White House computer system had been infiltrated, but added that there’s no evidence the hackers had access to classified information or damaged any systems. The White House learned of the breach two to three weeks ago.
The FBI, Secret Service, and NSA are all investigating the breach which shut off Intranet or VPN access. The hack, however, did not manage to down the email system.
- The Biggest Moments From the Second Republican Debate
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- Death and Desperation Take Over the World's Largest Refugee Camp
- Right-Wing's New Aim: a Parallel Economy
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time