A man beheaded a woman at her apartment in Long Island, N.Y. Tuesday night before jumping in front of a train, police and locals said.
The elderly woman was discovered dead outside an apartment building in Farmingdale, Nassau County at 8 p.m. on Tuesday, Nassau police said, according to the New York Post. The man had dragged her into the street and kicked her severed head about 20 feet.
“I looked through my window and saw the body down there,” neighbor Nick Gordon told the Post. “I saw the lady laying right in front and her head was across the street, close to the corner. I thought ‘holy sh–!’”
“There was blood all over the floor,” Gordon continued. “You can see smears going down the stairs… as if somebody were pulling a body.”
About 25 minutes later, the man was struck and killed by a Long Island Railroad train, and his body was found about a mile way from the crime scene in Farmingdale.
WNBC reported that investigators believe the woman was the man’s mother.
- Here's What's in the Debt Ceiling Deal
- How Worried Should the World Be of China's New COVID Wave?
- Succession Was a Race to the Bottom, And Everybody Won
- What Erdoğan’s Victory Means for Turkey—and the World
- The Ancient Roots of Psychotherapy
- How Drag Culture Inspired Ursula
- Drought Crisis Spurs U.S.-Mexico Collaboration
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction