Teachers have long sought a foolproof method for holding their students’ attention and discouraging them from acting out. One educator in Belgium seems to have found a solution to that particular problem: revealing Game of Thrones spoilers.
Belgian daily Het Nieuwsblad reports that one math teacher, after confirming his students are fan of the HBO series based on George R.R. Martin’s A Song of Fire and Ice novels, told them he would reveal deaths from the as-yet unreleased seasons of the TV show if they did not remain quiet during class. (Despite growing concerns about Martin’s writing pace, the books — which the Belgian teacher has read — remain ahead of the TV series.)
The tactic is proving effective so far, although one classmate who reads ahead could easily undermine his whole plan. For now, however, the teacher’s approach remains evil and brilliant in equal measures — fitting qualities for a Game of Thrones-based scheme.
- How the Anti-Vax Movement Is Taking Over the Right
- What Happens Next in Ukraine Could Change Europe Forever
- There's So Much More To Say About Bill Cosby
- Death Doulas Used to Be Rare. The COVID-19 Pandemic Changed That
- What It Feels Like to Be a Muslim Woman Auctioned Online by India's Right Wing
- America's First Openly Trans City Council President Wants to Heal Minneapolis
- The World's Farmers Need to Prepare for Serious Cash Crop Disruption