October 29, 2014 1:18 PM EDT
The Aspen Institute is an educational and policy studies organization based in Washington, D.C.
1. Community colleges should lead the way in preparing America’s workforce, and states need to join the effort.
By Matthew Dembicki in Community College Daily
2. To bring Asian-American communities to the ballot box, we must overcome cultural barriers, and that starts with language.
By Akiko Fujita at the World
3. We should be honoring, not quarantining, health care workers who put their lives at risk to fight Ebola abroad.
By by Jeffrey M. Drazen, Rupa Kanapathipillai, Edward W. Campion, Eric J. Rubin, Scott M. Hammer, Stephen Morrissey, Lindsey R. Baden at the New England Journal of Medicine
4. Prison officials should judge inmates by their actions, not the color of their skin.
By the Editorial Board of the Los Angeles Times
5. Deliberate efforts to welcome and nurture immigrant families can help reverse the trend of shrinking rural populations.
By the Rural Family Economic Success Action Network
The Aspen Institute is an educational and policy studies organization based in Washington, D.C. More Must-Reads From TIME Meet the 2024 Women of the Year Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does Column: The New Antisemitism The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at
email@example.com TIME Ideas
hosts the world's leading voices, providing commentary on events in news, society, and culture. We welcome outside contributions. Opinions expressed do not necessarily reflect the views of TIME editors.