Crest, the American standard of toothpaste brands, has started to get a little wacky lately. Its Be Adventurous line offers brushers the chance to swap out basic mint flavored paste for “Chocolate Mint Trek,” “Lime Spearmint Zest” or “Vanilla Mint Spark.” Not included in Crest’s lineup? Wasabi-flavored toothpaste.
Luckily, for spice loving fans who crave the idea of adding some sushi flavoring into their daily oral hygiene routine, wasabi toothpaste is coming to Japan thanks to the Village Vanguard shop.
While Seattle retailer Archie McPhee has sold a gag (and probably gag-inducing) wasabi toothpaste for years, Japan is getting the real deal. According to Kotaku, “The toothpaste smells like wasabi, it has a wasabi-like texture, and most importantly, it tastes like wasabi.”
So if you’re looking to put a little hair on your chest while keeping your teeth squeaky clean, be really adventurous and step away from the mint.
- Here's Where All The Strongest Hurricanes Have Hit the U.S. in the Past 50 Years
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- Here Are the 12 New Books You Should Read in October
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out