Black Panther will officially join the Marvel cinematic universe in 2017, after the studio announced the superhero will get his own movie starring Chadwick Boseman, who previously starred as Jackie Robinson in the biopic 42.
The superhero, whose “real name” is T’Challa, hails from the fictional African country of Wakanda and uses claws and other weapons made from vibranium, a special metallic element that can absorb vibrations.
The movie comes out on Nov. 3, 2017.
Read next: Marvel Unveils Superhero Five-Year Plan
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve