When Sting and the cast of his new musical The Last Ship broke into song on the streets of New York last weekend, the cheering crowd seemed to agree that everything they do is magic.
The group — featuring the man himself — performed a rowdy version of The Police’s 1981 hit, “Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic”
The performers were singing as part of the Saturday Night Scream, a tradition on 52nd Street in New York City where the casts at the August Wilson Theater and the Neil Simon Theater, directly across the street from each other, yell and sing outside five minutes before their Saturday night shows.
Sting’s The Last Ship opened this month (read TIME’s review of the show here). By the looks of this video, the cast is excited to be the new kids on the block.
- Here's Where All The Strongest Hurricanes Have Hit the U.S. in the Past 50 Years
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- Here Are the 12 New Books You Should Read in October
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out