Between the title of her forthcoming Netflix comedy special, Chelsea Peretti: One of the Greats, and her claim, in its trailer, to be “a direct vessel of God,” Chelsea Peretti is all exaggerated bravado and tongue-in-cheek swagger. But the gag isn’t unwarranted — the writer/actress/comedian has consistently proven worthy of praise.
To name a few of her accolades and accomplishments: She’s been listed as a comedian to watch by Variety, Vanity Fair, and Comedy Central. She was one of TIME’s Best Twitter Feeds of 2013. Her podcast, Call Chelsea Peretti, debuted at No. 1 on the iTunes comedy charts. She’s written for Parks and Recreation, appeared on Louie and Kroll Show, and currently plays Gina Linetti on Brooklyn Nine-Nine alongside costars Andy Samberg and Terry Cruz.
In the trailer for her stand-up special, Peretti is deliciously crass, wondering how to “de-dick” a banana for public consumption, mocking hot girls’ insecurity, and equating fedoras to the most egregious of offenses. Of her decision to leave the Parks and Recreation gig to focus on standup, she told Cosmopolitan, “When I look at stand-up I don’t think there’s a lot of people out there like me and I didn’t just want that to fall away with the writing workload.” By the looks of it, it was a very good decision.
The special airs on Netflix on Nov. 14.
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time