Word in Metropolis is that Jesse Eisenberg’s Lex Luthor might also scare up the screen in Warner Bros’ supervillain blockbuster, Suicide Squad.
Eisenberg is already playing Lex Luthor in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, scheduled for the spring of 2016.
Suicide Squad, also set for release in 2016, is on the studio’s slate of 10 superhero and supervillain epics featuring characters from DC Comics, Deadline reports. All the films will roll out between now and 2020.
Lex Luthor is the tycoon who de facto rules Metropolis — the megacity in the DC universe — with lots of philanthropic cash, and is hell-bent on destroying Superman.
Warner Bros is also reportedly courting Will Smith and Tom Hardy for Suicide Squad, which follows a cohort of supervillains handling government black-ops assignments that are so high risk they’re suicide missions.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow