Word in Metropolis is that Jesse Eisenberg’s Lex Luthor might also scare up the screen in Warner Bros’ supervillain blockbuster, Suicide Squad.
Eisenberg is already playing Lex Luthor in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, scheduled for the spring of 2016.
Suicide Squad, also set for release in 2016, is on the studio’s slate of 10 superhero and supervillain epics featuring characters from DC Comics, Deadline reports. All the films will roll out between now and 2020.
Lex Luthor is the tycoon who de facto rules Metropolis — the megacity in the DC universe — with lots of philanthropic cash, and is hell-bent on destroying Superman.
Warner Bros is also reportedly courting Will Smith and Tom Hardy for Suicide Squad, which follows a cohort of supervillains handling government black-ops assignments that are so high risk they’re suicide missions.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Elizabeth Barber at firstname.lastname@example.org