Word in Metropolis is that Jesse Eisenberg’s Lex Luthor might also scare up the screen in Warner Bros’ supervillain blockbuster, Suicide Squad.
Eisenberg is already playing Lex Luthor in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, scheduled for the spring of 2016.
Suicide Squad, also set for release in 2016, is on the studio’s slate of 10 superhero and supervillain epics featuring characters from DC Comics, Deadline reports. All the films will roll out between now and 2020.
Lex Luthor is the tycoon who de facto rules Metropolis — the megacity in the DC universe — with lots of philanthropic cash, and is hell-bent on destroying Superman.
Warner Bros is also reportedly courting Will Smith and Tom Hardy for Suicide Squad, which follows a cohort of supervillains handling government black-ops assignments that are so high risk they’re suicide missions.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2022
- I Tested Positive for COVID-19 Right Before the Holidays. What Should I Do?
- Column: How To Create a Sense of Belonging In a Divided America
- How to Survive the Holidays if You're a Scrooge
- Life Expectancy Provides Evidence of How Far Black Americans Have Come
- The 10 Best Albums of 2022
- Iran Has a Long History of Protest and Activism
- 6 Ways to Give Better Gifts—Based on Science