Neil Patrick Harris will host a show based on the British hit series Ant and Dec’s Saturday Night Takeaway.
Filmed before a live audience, the show will feature comedy sketches, musical numbers, minigame shows and hidden cameras, NBC announced Monday — all based on the British series.
“As I watched the show, I couldn’t stop smiling. Now that I’ve seen many seasons, my face hurts. It’s a game changer,” Harris said in a statement. “Nothing like this has been done before, and I can’t wait to roll up my sleeves and have some fun!”
The jack-of-all-trades and star of current box-office hit Gone Girl has proved his hosting chops as emcee for the Emmys and Tony Awards and recently confirmed he’ll be hosting the 2015 Academy Awards. Harris also won a Tony Award for Best Actor in June this year for Broadway’s Hedwig and the Angry Inch.
- Workers Are Furious. Their Unions Are Scrambling to Catch Up
- What the Facebook Whistleblower Did to the Company's Stock in 6 Weeks
- Photos from Migrants' Desperate Journeys to the U.S. Border
- Emily Ratajkowski: How I Learned to Let Go
- Afghanistan's Female Students Were Banned from Studying. Now Some Are Finding New Ways to Learn
- The 'Safe Supply' Movement Aims to Curb Drug Deaths Linked to the Opioid Crisis
- The 19 Most Underrated Movies on Netflix
- By Ending Legacy Admissions, Amherst Hopes to Change the Makeup of Its Student Body