Attention, Beyhive: Beyoncé and Topshop are partnering to create an athletic sportswear brand that you can wear as soon as fall 2015.
Beyoncé and Topshop will start as 50-50 partners in a venture called Parkwood Topshop Athletic Ltd. “This not a collaboration. This is about building a brand and building a business — a separate, proper business, with separate overhead and a separate office,” Topshop owner Sir Philip Green told Women’s Wear Daily.
“I could not think of a better partner,” Beyonce said in a statement on Topshop’s website. “I have always loved Topshop for its fashion credentials and forward thinking. Working with its development team to create and produce a technical and fashion-led collection is exciting and I’m looking forward to participating in all aspects of this partnership.”
The line will have clothing, footwear, and accessories for dance and fitness that are still stylish enough to wear as regular clothes. Everything will be sold in Topshop stores and on Topshop.com. Beyoncé already has a fragrance line, a temporary tattoo line, and a hip-hop inspired clothing brand she developed with her mother, Tina Knowles. Topshop also recently collaborated with Kate Moss.
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time