Attention, Beyhive: Beyoncé and Topshop are partnering to create an athletic sportswear brand that you can wear as soon as fall 2015.
Beyoncé and Topshop will start as 50-50 partners in a venture called Parkwood Topshop Athletic Ltd. “This not a collaboration. This is about building a brand and building a business — a separate, proper business, with separate overhead and a separate office,” Topshop owner Sir Philip Green told Women’s Wear Daily.
“I could not think of a better partner,” Beyonce said in a statement on Topshop’s website. “I have always loved Topshop for its fashion credentials and forward thinking. Working with its development team to create and produce a technical and fashion-led collection is exciting and I’m looking forward to participating in all aspects of this partnership.”
The line will have clothing, footwear, and accessories for dance and fitness that are still stylish enough to wear as regular clothes. Everything will be sold in Topshop stores and on Topshop.com. Beyoncé already has a fragrance line, a temporary tattoo line, and a hip-hop inspired clothing brand she developed with her mother, Tina Knowles. Topshop also recently collaborated with Kate Moss.
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears