Zelda Williams, the daughter of Robin Williams, has etched a tribute to her late father onto her hand.
Williams’ tattoo, seen on Instagram, is of a small hummingbird floating on the side of her hand. Her father’s birth date, “7.21.51,” is beneath the bird, on her wrist.
“For poppo,” Williams wrote. “I’ll always put my hand out to shake with a smile.”
The Instagram post is Williams’ first since she quit the image-sharing site two months ago, after her father took his own life. Williams had said in August that she was being harassed by social-media users taunting her with gruesome, Photoshopped images of her dad, and that users were mining her account for pictures of her and the much beloved actor, as well as making conclusions about their private relationship.
In her latest post, she warned users about fake Instagram accounts purporting to be her.
“For the record, no one has ever or will ever speak for me but me,” she said. “Thank you.”
- Yes, Climate Change Is Making Storms Like Hurricane Ian Worse
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- What Reading 220 History Textbooks Taught One Scholar About Racism in America
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out
- How DeSantis Handles Hurricane Ian Will Shape His Political Future