First, American Horror Story: Freak Show actress Jessica Lange sang a delightfully bizarre rendition of David Bowie’s “Life on Mars.” On this week’s episode, though, she took on something a bit more modern.
The 65-year-old actress, in character as Freak Show manager Elsa Mars, sang Lana Del Rey’s 2012 hit “Gods and Monsters.” The whole thing, of course, has a totally haunting, spooky vibe. For comparison’s sake, here’s Del Rey’s music video:
We’ll be curious to see what Lange covers next on the show. Maybe the writers will throw us a total curveball and have her cover “All About That Bass.” You never know.
- Yes, Climate Change Is Making Storms Like Hurricane Ian Worse
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- What Reading 220 History Textbooks Taught One Scholar About Racism in America
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out
- How DeSantis Handles Hurricane Ian Will Shape His Political Future