First, American Horror Story: Freak Show actress Jessica Lange sang a delightfully bizarre rendition of David Bowie’s “Life on Mars.” On this week’s episode, though, she took on something a bit more modern.
The 65-year-old actress, in character as Freak Show manager Elsa Mars, sang Lana Del Rey’s 2012 hit “Gods and Monsters.” The whole thing, of course, has a totally haunting, spooky vibe. For comparison’s sake, here’s Del Rey’s music video:
We’ll be curious to see what Lange covers next on the show. Maybe the writers will throw us a total curveball and have her cover “All About That Bass.” You never know.
- Essay: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Stealth Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- Natasha Lyonne on Poker Face and Creating Characters Who Subvert Leading-Lady Tropes
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- Why Grocery Staples Are So Expensive Right Now
- Quantum Computers Could Solve Countless Problems—and Create a Lot of New Ones
- Where to Watch All of the 2023 Oscar Nominees
- How to Be Mindful if You Hate Meditating