Update: Wednesday, 9:30 p.m. ET
Marvel Entertainment released its new Avengers: Age of Ultron trailer almost a week ahead of schedule Wednesday, hours after a bootleg version leaked onto the Internet, sending social media aflutter.
Marvel played it cool the whole time, at first tweeting with mock ire at the leaked trailer:
The trailer was originally scheduled for release during Agents of Shield next Tuesday, the Verge reports. But with the secret already out, Marvel decided to just give folks what they wanted.
The official film will hit theaters in May 2015.
- What We Know So Far About the Deadly Earthquakes in Turkey and Syria
- Beyoncé's Album of the Year Snub Fits Into the Grammys' Long History of Overlooking Black Women
- How the U.S. Shot Down the Alleged Chinese Spy Balloon
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart