A month after releasing a mega-popular commercial that spoofed Apple, IKEA is back with a new ad — and this one takes a rather different approach. The commercial pays homage to Stanley Kubrick’s classic 1980 film The Shining by recreating its iconic (and super creepy) hallway scene.
The video’s creators seem to be pretty big Kubrick fans, as they paid very close attention to detail. They also hid a number of products within the video and launched a social media contest so viewers can spot the items and then win stuff. You know, because #engagement.
- Exclusive: The Making of the U.S. Military's New Stealth Bomber
- Your Next House Could Be Made on an Assembly Line
- The Legal Implications of the Debate Over Whether 'Extreme Racism' Is a Mental Illness
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022