The suspect in Hannah Graham’s kidnapping will be charged with a 2005 sexual assault — a crime that has been linked by DNA to the slaying of yet another woman in Virginia. Jesse Matthew is charged with attempted capital murder and abduction in an indictment obtained by NBC Washington. Prosecutors have scheduled a 4:30 p.m. briefing to announce the charges.
Matthew, 32, was previously charged with abduction with the intent to defile in connection with the Sept. 13 disappearance of Graham, who was last seen in Charlottesville. Police are investigating whether human remains found over the weekend are those of the University of Virginia…
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow