Marcel the Shell has put his shoes back on and marched on over to YouTube to take the Internet by storm — again.
The adorable mollusk is the brainchild of comedian Jenny Slate, who tweeted about the surprise third installment of his YouTube series this morning.
In the video, Slate’s earnest little shell with shoes is joined by her husband, Dean Fleischer-Camp, who plays Marcel’s exceedingly patient off-camera interviewer. Fleischer-Camp keeps the camera rolling as Marcel talks about how shrimp “are the idiots of the sea,” explains that his “shell gets tight” when he gets worked up, sings a sweetly sad song and announces his favorite saying, which is, of course, “life’s a party, rock your body.”
It’s Marcel’s first video since 2011 and it seems that the happy little univalve was brought out of retirement to help promote his latest children’s book, Marcel the Shell: The Most Surprised I’ve Ever Been.
- Here's Where All The Strongest Hurricanes Have Hit the U.S. in the Past 50 Years
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- Here Are the 12 New Books You Should Read in October
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out