Marcel the Shell has put his shoes back on and marched on over to YouTube to take the Internet by storm — again.
The adorable mollusk is the brainchild of comedian Jenny Slate, who tweeted about the surprise third installment of his YouTube series this morning.
In the video, Slate’s earnest little shell with shoes is joined by her husband, Dean Fleischer-Camp, who plays Marcel’s exceedingly patient off-camera interviewer. Fleischer-Camp keeps the camera rolling as Marcel talks about how shrimp “are the idiots of the sea,” explains that his “shell gets tight” when he gets worked up, sings a sweetly sad song and announces his favorite saying, which is, of course, “life’s a party, rock your body.”
It’s Marcel’s first video since 2011 and it seems that the happy little univalve was brought out of retirement to help promote his latest children’s book, Marcel the Shell: The Most Surprised I’ve Ever Been.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at email@example.com