The Little Mermaid always wanted to be a part of our world. And we live in a world of selfies — lots and lots of selfies.
Artist Simona Bonafini created a series titled “Selfie Fables” that imagines what your Instagram feed would look like if it were habituated by your favorite cartoon characters. And while it isn’t as disturbing as other Disney re-interpretations, Hercules and company are guilty of some selfie faux pas:
Shirtless gym selfies. We know this is going straight to Tinder:
Bikini shots. There’s no need for #perfectbody thinspo…
Instilling feelings of FOMO. Maybe your invite to the tea party went into your spam folder?
Nothing is wrong with this selfie. Maleficent owns it:
More Must-Reads From TIME
- What Wildfire Smoke Does to the Human Body
- Prince Harry Breaks Royal Convention to Testify in Court
- Teens Are Taking Wegovy for Weight Loss
- Elliot Page: Embracing My Trans Identity Saved Me
- How a Texas High Jumper Has Earned Nearly $1 Million
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- How Past Lives Combines Memoir and Artistry
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk