A mixed martial arts fighter accused of brutally beating his porn star ex-girlfriend attempted suicide this week in his Las Vegas jail cell, authorities said.
A jail official found Jonathan Koppenhaver, 32, unresponsive on the floor of his cell Tuesday with linen around his neck and a suicide note in the room, News 3 reports. Koppenhaver, also known as War Machine, is accused of beating Christy Mack in August. He was reportedly in talks for a potential plea deal.
Prior to the suicide attempt, Koppehaver defended himself in a series of tweets.
- These Charts Show COVID-19 Is Still the Pandemic of the Unvaccinated
- Reddit Allows Hate Speech to Flourish in Its Global Forums, Moderators Say
- What It Takes to Get Support for a Black Boy With Special Needs
- Shonda Rhimes Already Knows What You're Going to Watch Next
- How Harry Reid Paved the Way for Democrats to Kill the Filibuster
- President Biden's Speech in Atlanta Was Designed to Appeal to Black Voters—But Not Everything About It Succeeded
- China Is Finding Fewer Reliable Sources of Coal. That Could Be Bad News for the Climate