A mixed martial arts fighter accused of brutally beating his porn star ex-girlfriend attempted suicide this week in his Las Vegas jail cell, authorities said.
A jail official found Jonathan Koppenhaver, 32, unresponsive on the floor of his cell Tuesday with linen around his neck and a suicide note in the room, News 3 reports. Koppenhaver, also known as War Machine, is accused of beating Christy Mack in August. He was reportedly in talks for a potential plea deal.
Prior to the suicide attempt, Koppehaver defended himself in a series of tweets.
- How an Alleged Spy Balloon Derailed an Important U.S.-China Meeting
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- Column: Elon Musk Should Not Be in Charge of the Night Sky
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart
- 80 for Brady May Not Be a Masterpiece. But the World Needs More Movies Like This