Angelina Jolie is throwing her hat into the Oscar ring with Unbroken, her second movie behind the camera. The adaptation of Laura Hillenbrand’s bestselling biography follows former Olympic track star Louis Zamperini, who survived a plane crash during World War II, spent 47 days on adrift on a raft only to finally be captured by the Japanese and forced to spend years as a prisoner of war in internment camps.
The movie is set to hit theaters on Dec. 25.
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time