Neil Patrick Harris is to host the Academy Awards next year, reports Variety.
The actor, best known for his work on How I Met Your Mother, has become in recent years a semiprofessional host of sorts, hosting the Emmys twice and the Tonys four times, and exerting a great deal of energy in the process.
His awards-show gigs are, in contrast to last year’s low-key, pizza-slinging Oscar host Ellen DeGeneres, characterized by a wild commitment to song and dance, as in his 2013 Tonys opening number:
Harris appeared to confirm his hosting in a brief video depicting the Oscars gig as the final item on his “bucket list”:
Harris is having a good month; he’s also in the ensemble cast of Gone Girl, one of this year’s Oscar best-picture hopefuls, and his memoir, Choose Your Own Autobiography, was released yesterday (and may now need an extra chapter or two). The 87th Academy Awards will be held Feb. 22, 2015.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- How Tech Giants Turned Ukraine Into an AI War Lab
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at email@example.com