If you think really hard, all the way back to 2001, you might remember Afroman’s hit song “Because I Got High,” which basically outlined the rapid nosedive your life will take if you ingest too much cannabis. First, this song explained, you’ll blow off small tasks like cleaning your room, and then you’ll be missing bigger responsibilities like class and work. As things continue to escalate, you’ll soon start missing court appearances, blowing off child support payments and, eventually, just messing up your entire life. All because you got high.
But 13 years later, the rapper is back to recant that message. He partnered with Weedmaps (considered the “Yelp of weed dispensaries”) and Norml (a marijuana reform nonprofit) to put a pro-legalization spin on the classic tune. Now, Afroman is telling us all about the benefits of ganj. Smoking it helps with everything from glaucoma to anxiety attacks, he explains, and legalizing it would help the economy.
Also, if this video is to be believed, smoking weed also means you get to ride around Los Angeles on a couch with wheels, which is definitely the biggest selling point.
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time