In the new film Birdman, out Oct. 17, Michael Keaton plays an actor trying to relaunch his career after playing a superhero. Keaton, of course, is best known for playing Batman in the late ’80s and early ’90s — it’s all very meta.
Redefining oneself after playing such an iconic character is no easy feat. Here’s what happened to some of your favorite superhero actors after they hung up their capes.
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving