In the new film Birdman, out Oct. 17, Michael Keaton plays an actor trying to relaunch his career after playing a superhero. Keaton, of course, is best known for playing Batman in the late ’80s and early ’90s — it’s all very meta.
Redefining oneself after playing such an iconic character is no easy feat. Here’s what happened to some of your favorite superhero actors after they hung up their capes.
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time