Treasury Secretary Jacob J. Lew will undergo outpatient surgery to treat a benign enlarged prostate on Tuesday and will be recovering for around a week.
The 58-year-old, one of President Barack Obama’s top officials, will have the procedure in New York and expects to remain at his home convalescing, according to the Los Angeles Times.
“His physician expects that he will be able to return to his full schedule next week,” says Treasury spokeswoman Natalie Wyeth Earnest.
Lew has been instrumental in helping craft sanctions against Russia over its recent annexation of Crimea.
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer