Black Friday is starting early this holiday shopping season.
Macy’s fired the first shots of the Thanksgiving shopping wars Tuesday, announcing that its doors will open at 6 p.m. on Thanksgiving Day, a Thursday. That’s two hours earlier than last year, NBC reports, when Macy’s opened at 8 p.m. Thursday. Back in 2012, it opened at midnight on Black Friday.
Macy’s said in a statement that Black, well, Thursday was appealing to both consumers and employees who volunteer to work the Thanksgiving Day shift. “We also heard last year from many associates who appreciated the opportunity to work on Thanksgiving so they could have time off on Black Friday,” Macy’s said, according to the Star Tribune. “Additionally, associates who work an opening shift on Thanksgiving will be compensated with incentive pay.”
You can take that Thanksgiving dinner to go, right?
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- Why We Can't Get Over the Roman Empire
- The Final Season of Netflix’s Sex Education Sends Off a Beloved Cast in Style
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- The Case for Mediocrity
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time