Black Friday is starting early this holiday shopping season.
Macy’s fired the first shots of the Thanksgiving shopping wars Tuesday, announcing that its doors will open at 6 p.m. on Thanksgiving Day, a Thursday. That’s two hours earlier than last year, NBC reports, when Macy’s opened at 8 p.m. Thursday. Back in 2012, it opened at midnight on Black Friday.
Macy’s said in a statement that Black, well, Thursday was appealing to both consumers and employees who volunteer to work the Thanksgiving Day shift. “We also heard last year from many associates who appreciated the opportunity to work on Thanksgiving so they could have time off on Black Friday,” Macy’s said, according to the Star Tribune. “Additionally, associates who work an opening shift on Thanksgiving will be compensated with incentive pay.”
You can take that Thanksgiving dinner to go, right?
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization