Okay. So. Somebody went ahead and made a deep fried version of Starbucks’ beloved (yet rather divisive) pumpkin spice latte. Now, you’re probably thinking something like, Ugh, what, why? or Ew, that sounds gross or Seriously with this pumpkin thing? Can you not?
Those are all very reasonable initial reactions, but before you go any further, please take a look at this culinary creation and tell me it doesn’t look incredibly appetizing:
Food blogger Amy Erickson of Oh, Bite It came up with the idea for these deep fried PSL bites after creating something similar with Guinness and tequila shots. To create these treats, Erickson suggests using store-bought angel food cake or poundcake. (She used poundcake because it holds more flavor.) Then you basically just soak them in a pumpkin spice latte, fry them and sprinkle them with cinnamon and sugar. Dipping them in whipped cream is optional, but probably a good idea to achieve maximum deliciousness.
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.