Okay. So. Somebody went ahead and made a deep fried version of Starbucks’ beloved (yet rather divisive) pumpkin spice latte. Now, you’re probably thinking something like, Ugh, what, why? or Ew, that sounds gross or Seriously with this pumpkin thing? Can you not?
Those are all very reasonable initial reactions, but before you go any further, please take a look at this culinary creation and tell me it doesn’t look incredibly appetizing:
Food blogger Amy Erickson of Oh, Bite It came up with the idea for these deep fried PSL bites after creating something similar with Guinness and tequila shots. To create these treats, Erickson suggests using store-bought angel food cake or poundcake. (She used poundcake because it holds more flavor.) Then you basically just soak them in a pumpkin spice latte, fry them and sprinkle them with cinnamon and sugar. Dipping them in whipped cream is optional, but probably a good idea to achieve maximum deliciousness.
- Global Climate Solutions Exist. It's Time to Deploy Them
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- Who The Golden Bachelor Leaves Out
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- How Sara Reardon Became the 'Vagina Whisperer'
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time